Thursday, October 04, 2007

Nine Ponies

This Saturday, I will make my way back to Assateague Island where I will spend about a week enjoying the surf, the ponies, the lack of mosquitoes (in summer they can be so thick that they sound like a low flying Piper Cub), and the tranquility of a post-Labor Day trip to the shore.
c1958 Ballet Class-Photographer Unknown
So until I can share some new pony photos with you, I thought I'd share a very old one. This photo is circa 1958, and was the class photo from my first ballet class. The pony costume was a stretchy white leotard decorated with a shiny cellophane tail and a headpiece that was a silver glittered Styrofoam ball with a big red feather stuck in the top. Frau Blücher would have cringed in terror!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am sorry that I missed the original event! Looks like you guys were seriously into this routine. I can see you in the line up but who are your buddies?
Karen