Friday, July 04, 2008

The Escapade Is Over

Location: Gillette, WY

Click for Larger Image of the Escapade AttendeesFor the last several days, I have been attending the Escapees Escapade in Gillette, Wyoming. Besides the seminars and lectures, I went on pre-event Head Out Programs (HOPS, or short sightseeing trips) to Devils Tower, a local coal mine, and Yellowstone National Park. I attended several social functions with the Solos, line danced at Wednesday's Ham-O-Rama in front of about 2000 people, and taught my own seminar entitled "Tips and Tricks for Better Photography."

I'll post more about the Escapade as soon as I catch my breath! Next it's off for a couple weeks in Yellowstone National Park to see all the sights I missed on the way too short HOP.

Before I end this blog, I wanted to introduce you to my new friend, Ivy. Ivy travels with my friend, John, who lives in and drives a motorhome. When parked, Ivy spends her time in her cage in the living room, but when on the road her cage sits at John's right hand, in the space between the driver and passenger seats. She helps him drive by squeaking at meadowlarks and finches, and squawking loudly at all the 18 wheelers that go by.

Click for Larger Image of Ivy  Click for Larger Image of Ivy

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Seems like the bird is moving in oh human territory!
N