Sunday, April 01, 2007

The End, and a New Beginning


Today I am a Retiree. Almost, anyway -- I have the length of service and the age (today IS my birthday, but I've barely thought of it -- it got lost in the shuffle), but I will be working 2 more days. I had what turned out to be an almost magical retirement party on Friday night, and I can't thank those that coordinated the party and those that attended enough. I am truly appreciative, and one of the luckiest people on the planet to have such good and talented friends and co-workers.

On Thursday, my co-workers also threw a luncheon for me -- theme: the food of America! I was given a lovely bouquet at the end, and the Alstroemeria photo is from that bouquet.

Next stop: Kansas, to pick up the RV. Thanks Nancy for the "ruby slippers" -- I may need them!


No comments: