Sunday, April 29, 2007

Off to See the Wizard


Day One on the trip to Kansas! Mostly a boring drive, but the satellite radio makes a HUGE difference. Not having NPR fade out just as it gets interesting was wonderful!

I did see an odd "future road kill" at Big Pool -- a wild turkey crossing the road (I'm sure there's a joke in there somewhere). Never seen THAT before! He did manage to waddle to safety this time, but I do think his days are numbered if he doesn't get a few smarts about traffic (I should have taken him with me -- maybe the Wizard will give him some?). I also saw a hawk perched right next to the road in West Virginia. Too bad there was no place to pull off.

Tulips are in bloom at Sideling Hill, and spring has come to the rest areas in Ohio (photo).

Current location: Indiana (but just barely)

No comments: