Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Biking on Federal Hill

It's "Restaurant Week " week in Baltimore -- and I had the great pleasure to visit the Bicycle Bistro in Federal Hill last night. In addition to the regular menu, they have a three-course prix fixe meal for $30.07 (the 07 indicates this is the price for Restaurant Week in 2007; better go now because next year it will be $30.08).

If you select from the prix fixe menu, you get your choice of appetizer, main course and dessert. The wine list includes "Eighteen for Eighteen," or eighteen bottles for an affordable eighteen dollars each.

My choices were the Sashimi Tuna and Avocado Tartare as an appetizer, Bicycle Vegetarian Nirvana for the main course, and Bread Pudding with fruit for dessert. All I can say is this was an amazingly excellent meal! The presentation was so artistic it was almost a shame to eat it -- but I overcame that obstacle easily when I took the first bite! Everything tasted as good as it looked -- or maybe better.

I will be here in the Baltimore area for a few days, and then will be back on the road. I think food may play a large part in this visit -- I already have a few additional dinner plans in the works. Guess I better get the walking shoes on and try to mitigate the damages!

No comments: