Saturday, November 10, 2007

Livingston Art League

I have now switched over my vehicle and RV registrations, registered to vote, changed my insurance, and have a temporary Texas driver's license. Yesterday I got a library card, and am feeling more and more like a Texan with each passing minute!

Click for Larger Image of Art ContestI also joined the Livingston Art League, which is a member of the larger Lone Star Art Guild. Today was their annual art contest, so I entered four pictures in the Photography Category (other categories included paintings, watercolors, stained glass, jewelry, and so forth). As you can see by this photo, taken by a friend, my "Union Bridge Rails" photo took first place in my division! I also received two Honorable Mentions. Now to be fair, there were only seven pictures in my division and category. But the first place will allow me to submit that image in the Lone Star Art Guild show in May.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi ZoAnn,

Look like retirement is agreeing with you. Congrads...

Don