Monday, June 25, 2007

Heading North


My interim time in Maryland is over, and tomorrow I will be on my way to Pennsylvania. The current plan is to spend some time by Lancaster, then Rickett's Glen, and then the Mason-Dixon Star Party.


While I was in MD, my truck was almost ruined by an oil change gone horribly wrong. As you can see in the image, oil kept leaking out -- fortunately, it had only been driven a very short distance -- around a quarter mile -- so even though more than a third of the oil was gone, the dealer assures me that enough was left in the engine to avoid permanent damage.


If I made a vehicle in such a way that a small screw could, if not tightened, cause distruction to the tune of tens of thousands of dollars, I would accept the criticism that I had a design flaw. Does the auto industry?


Meet my new addition to the "yard" -- thanks to Val, my RV is now decorated by a very cool pink flamingo:

Cute, isn't he?


Well, that's about it for now. Check back soon for tales from Pennsylvania!

No comments: