Monday, June 04, 2007

On The Road Again

I decided to take a deep breath and brave the Bay Bridge while pulling the RV. The weather was cooperating nicely -- rain earlier, but totally dry as I pulled up to the toll booth.


By the time I hit mid-span, the rain was coming down so hard I could barely see the vehicle in front of me. Fortunately, there wasn't much wind because that would have really freaked me out. It was nerve wracking enough with the rain! I just watched the road in front of me, went slowly, and tried not to look at the malestrom around me. Pretty soon I was on the other side and, predictably, the rain had almost stopped. (Murphy must also love RVs)


I am now in Assateague. About five minutes after I got to my campsite, the ponies came! They spent a couple minutes making hot pony love, but then wandered off to find their campsites. I'm in Loop A -- apparently the ponies camp in Loop B (at least these guys seemed interested in the Loop B sites)!

So far, the Undesirable Insect count has been mosquitos, one; ticks, three. Plus a few flies of the house variety. Tomorrow I'll go hunting -- with the camera, of course. In the meantime, I'm worn out and ready for a hot shower and an early bedtime.

No comments: